Friday, September 2, 2011

September begins ....

Whoa, I can't believe September is here already! Things are in full swing here: school, work and my start as a Layout Designer with My Sketch World. I am so excited to be a part of this sweet sketch site. You can check out the September Sketch ! Below is my take on the sketch, I flipped it to the side :)


The shape paper is from Bazzill and the cardstock is from Prism ( I really miss them!). I love American Crafts and there thickers, I used them for the title. The paint splats are from Sizzix, its one of the original dies (yes I have alot of stuff), I cut chipboard and cardstock with it to give the shapes some more dimension. I traced and cut out the journal shape from another journal card :). This layout is when I painted the "potty", it was pink all over but I thought it needed a change so I painted the walls brown, so the potty would have a color combo of pink and brown (my fav!).

Some people have asked me where do I get the color combo's for the layouts, well I have this handy dandy book! Its the best ever!!!! Its called the Color Scheme Bible. It has all these colors you can just flip through it and tada! First I look at the colors in the picture and see what I think will look best with it, flip through the color bible to find the colors! :) Its super easy and so helpful. Here is a picture of the book below! I orginialy purchased it from Barnes and Noble, but I'm sure you can find it at any bookstore.

2 comments:

  1. great job! thanks for the tip about the color scheme bible--might have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout.
    I can't believe how fast the summer just flew by.

    ReplyDelete