Friday, January 17, 2014

Foodie Friday - Overnight Peachy French Toast

Yay another Foodie Friday! Trust me you won't be disappointed in this dish! I definitely need to make this again! Its perfect since its overnight to make it tonight and have it for Saturday breakfast!!!


Overnight Peachy French Toast

1 Loaf of French Bread (8 oz)
8 Large Eggs
2 cups of Whole Milk
1/4 cup of Sugar
1 teasponn Vanilla Extract
2 Cans Sliced Peaches (15 oz)
1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
Butter or Canola Oil Spray for Pan

1. Butter/Spray 9 x 13 baking dish.
2. Slice french bread and arrange in flat layer in dish.
3. In bowl, mix well eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla. Pour on top of bread.
4. Drain peaches and arrange on top of bread.
5. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
6. Cover and put in fridge overnight (minimum 8 hours)
7. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking.
8. Preheat oven 350F.
9. In small pan bring cream to boil and reduce by half (about 10 minutes). Drizzle over peaches.
10. Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes.
11. Let cool and enjoy!

Notes:
*We go to the military supermarket french bread not available :P so I used some older regular sliced bread. When I say old I don't mean moldy just not fresh :)
*If using different bread it takes a little longer to cook!
*Since I'm just cooking for me and hubby lots of left overs!
*This dish is so YUMMY!
*For a side items I just made bacon while it was cooking and it was perfect!

I hope you all enjoy the recipe! Try it out and let me know what you think! Just looking at this picture makes me want to remake this! Hmm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment