Friday, May 16, 2014

Foodie Friday: Cornbread

Hello and I am back! I took some time off to get my rest and get better. I am still not feeling 100% but I missed being crafty, my blog and blog friends :) Thank you everyone for the kind messages to check in on me.

So today I am up with Foodie Friday! The last recipe was chili and what doesn't go better with chili than cornbread. Just typing this up makes me want to make some more!

K (heart) Studio Foodie Friday Cornbread

Cornbread

1 1/3 Cups Yellow Corn Meal
1 1/2 Cups Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
3 Eggs
6 Tbsp Butter (melted)

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 
2. Spray 8 inch baking pan. 
3. Mix all ingredients in bowl and combine well. 
4. Pour batter into pan, spread evenly.
5. Cook for 30 minutes or until brown on sides.

Notes
*I used milk instead of buttermilk, well because I didn't have any :) 
*I ended up using a smaller pan so it took longer to cook and still couldn't get the middle to cook. So I would say the larger the pan the better. 
*Thanks to Publix for the recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment