Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Hot Air Balloon & Cloud Mobile

Hello World! It has been a whirl wind here, both good and bad. I was sick for about 3 weeks, no fun for sure, but glad to be better and back! Lots of great things are coming to my blog and I am so excited to share them with you!

For right now I wanted to share an out of the box project, it's a chipboard mobile! That's right its made entirely of chipboard. I had so much fun creating this, its definitely a technique I will do again. I had made a video but for some unfortunate reason it got deleted (insert sad face here). I am hoping to get my hands on the supplies, so I can do a quick video on this.

I used my local scrapbook store (The Creative Nook) AccuCut Machine to die cut out of chipboard these hot air balloons and clouds. (The "X" shape that holds the mobile together is also die cut from the AccuCut Machine).  I used a combination of misting water and Tim Holtz Distress Stain to create the washed out, colored look on the chipboard pieces.

Distress Stains: Tim Holtz Die Cuts: AccuCut. Chipboard/Twine: Unknown.

View from the bottom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment